Los Angeles Times - Travel Section
Binge Eating Disorder / Food Addiction
- Seeking Sanity During National Eating Disorders Week
- Is Food Addiction for Real?
- Food Season: Fall is in the Air... and so is Food
- Fat Tuesday Revisited: Diets that Outlaw Certain Foods Create Their Own Mardi Gras
- The Witching Hour: When Stress Leads to Too Much Munching
- Laura Hout: For the Health-Conscious, Fiesta Is Not All Binge or Bust
- Modern Caveman - Nick Fisher’s new wine venture offers oenophiles a taste of something new in a decidedly rustic setting.
- Horizon Found - When Bill Moses discovered Shangri-La at Casa Barranca in Ojai, he dedicated himself to the restoration—and continued growth—of an architectural masterpiece.
“Conditioned hypereating is a biological challenge, not a character flaw, says Kessler, (former FDA commissioner under presidents Bush and Clinton). Here Kessler describes how, since the 1980s, the food industry, in collusion with the advertising industry, and lifestyle changes have short-circuited the body's self-regulating mechanisms, leaving many at the mercy of reward-driven eating.” (The End of Overeating...)