Los Angeles Times - Travel Section
Binge Eating Disorder / Food Addiction
- Seeking Sanity During National Eating Disorders Week
- Is Food Addiction for Real?
- Food Season: Fall is in the Air... and so is Food
- Fat Tuesday Revisited: Diets that Outlaw Certain Foods Create Their Own Mardi Gras
- The Witching Hour: When Stress Leads to Too Much Munching
- Laura Hout: For the Health-Conscious, Fiesta Is Not All Binge or Bust
- Modern Caveman - Nick Fisher’s new wine venture offers oenophiles a taste of something new in a decidedly rustic setting.
- Horizon Found - When Bill Moses discovered Shangri-La at Casa Barranca in Ojai, he dedicated himself to the restoration—and continued growth—of an architectural masterpiece.
Article of the Month:
There’s No Such Thing as Food Addiction
"But I’ve come to see that nearly all the foods that elicit addictive behaviour share one thing in common: they have been significantly altered or enhanced through manufactured flavour chemicals and ingredients – also known as drugs.
"Quite simply, food is not addictive; drugs are addictive. And food companies are putting drugs in our food. The correct name for this problem is food additive addiction, or perhaps refined food addiction."