Summer reading is a pleasure that long days allow us to indulge in – guilt-free! Here’s a short list of nonfiction, memoir and fiction works that have greatly contributed to my repertoire of understanding the myriad challenges of overcoming difficult childhoods and overeating/obesity. Some of these brave memoirs and amazing novels have been made into…Read More
That moment when your husband says how nice it is to see female detectives (on a BBC series) played by actresses who look like real women… and then the exercise video commercial comes on where the spokes-babe chirps, “I went from a size 8 to a size 2…” MEH! Seeking Sanity During National Eating Disorders…Read More
“March Madness” – that time of year we start planning summer vacations… around pools, lakes and oceans… in bathing suits, shorts and tank tops. For many of us, the prospect of summer has been far from “carefree.” This year could be the year you actually look forward to summer – and enjoy its sweet pleasures on…Read More
Articles below are among many written by Laura Hout, MPW, MA, LMFT
Los Angeles Times - Travel Section
Binge Eating Disorder / Food Addiction
- Seeking Sanity During National Eating Disorders Week
- Is Food Addiction for Real?
- Food Season: Fall is in the Air... and so is Food
- Fat Tuesday Revisited: Diets that Outlaw Certain Foods Create Their Own Mardi Gras
- The Witching Hour: When Stress Leads to Too Much Munching
- Laura Hout: For the Health-Conscious, Fiesta Is Not All Binge or Bust
- Modern Caveman - Nick Fisher’s new wine venture offers oenophiles a taste of something new in a decidedly rustic setting.
- Horizon Found - When Bill Moses discovered Shangri-La at Casa Barranca in Ojai, he dedicated himself to the restoration—and continued growth—of an architectural masterpiece.
- A Bittersweet Thanksgiving After the Tea Fire